About this job
Our client is an Award winning global food company seeking a Category Manager to join their successful team.
This role is responsible for delivering best in class category leadership with customers to drive growth and customer engagement. Using a mix of market, shopper and customer insights to identify category growth opportunities the role leverages and executes these through excellence in all Category Leadership initiatives, tactics and practices.
- Own strategic category vision development.
- Deliver excellent Category Management by taking an objective total category perspective when providing market, consumer and shopper insights to customer/operational teams.
- Own the Range review strategy for category retailers, lead the range review process from inception through to implementation and delivery of post review analysis in conjunction with the Category analyst.
- Delivery of business launches into the account including creating category focused selling stories, identifying listing opportunities/challenges and providing merchandising solutions to maximise on shelf delivery.
- Be the Local shopper/Market and category insights expert with key retails to identify growth opportunities, ensure & utilise best practise sharing with European CMI.
- Building relationships both internally and externally with senior contacts and will work with the business customer team to execute the category strategy.
Key Qualifications and Skills.
- University Degree, and or Masters.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer experience with ability to engage, influence and impact customers by providing guidance on strategic direction of category.
- Be positive, pro-active and have a collaborative outlook.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workloads areas / accounts (or channel).