Case Manager – Personal Insolvency
About this job
My client is a specialist mortgage servicing firm based in Dublin South. Having recently acquired a new book of business, they have undergone a period of significant growth and are now seeking a Case Manager with experience in the area of Personal Insolvency to join the team.
This role will entrust the right individual with responsibility for reviewing, analysing and presenting Personal Insolvency Applications to senior management. As such, the company needs a candidate possessing significant experience and working knowledge in the area of Personal Insolvency.
This is a position that will demand substantial interaction with Senior Management, Internal Stakeholders and External Solicitor firms to discuss and negotiate appropriate solutions.
Typical responsibilities may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Assessing personal insolvency applications within tight timeframes.
- Liaising with external parties, once a Protective Certificate is received, to review applications put forward by PIPs on behalf of borrowers.
- Assessing borrower circumstances based on the Prescribed Financial Statements and comparing to any previous
- Completing credit paper and recommendation for review with Senior Management and Group stakeholders.
- Producing Net Present Value calculations to show outcome of proposals versus bankruptcy.
- Completing Proxy and Proof of Debt on behalf of the company.
- Liaising with Asset Management team to carry out valuations of the property.
- Instructing, managing and liaising with external Solicitor firms if a decision is appealed by the borrower.
- Adherence to all Central Bank regulation particularly the CCMA, CPC and PIA
For this role, we will require a minimum of one year’s experience in a hands-on case management position in Personal Insolvency. Experience should include mortgages and ideally will be from a mortgage lender or a bank.
Minimum 1 year’s experience as a Personal Insolvency Practitioner from either a Legal or an Accountancy practice, or as an independent PIP.
Further criteria which will be advantageous:
- Experience working in residential mortgage arrears
- Strong negotiator with the ability to reach appropriate solutions on arrears cases. Experience of working closely with third parties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to deal appropriately with challenging situations.
To register your interest in this opportunity, please apply via this advertisement with a copy of your up to date CV. For further information or a confidential conversation around this or the market within Banking & Insurance, please do not hesitate to contact Katie Mitchell of Lincoln Recruitment Specialists by emailing kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie or by connecting with me on LinkedIn.