About this job
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading full-service commercial law firms based in Dublin City Centre, who are seeking an experienced proactive Bid Manager to join their team.
The Bid Manager will be a key member of the marketing & business team development team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Manage ‘watch list’ of upcoming RFPs/tender requests for public and private sector tenders
- Engage with partners to identify business opportunities
- Identify and track opportunities to tender for work with existing and target clients
- Manage Tender Library and content to ensure it is kept up-to-date
- Central control of document production and drafting
- Maintain and develop practice panel and client lists
- Reporting: Tracking and reporting on results, trends and statistics
Tender Execution, Project Management & Writing
- Lead Bid/No Bid decisions on all tender opportunities
- Advise on strategy and key messages
- Pricing: Work with finance team and partners to agree pricing strategies
- Feedback: Source feedback and implement actions to improve quality and success of proposal submissions
- Project manage the entire bid process, sourcing content and writing new content as required
- Liaise with lawyers and business support staff to source a range of inputs including pricing and billing data
- Preparation of pitch and presentation materials
- Rehearsing and coaching presentation teams
- Conducting debriefs internally and with clients; communicating feedback internally
- Researching companies and sectors
Business Development Support
- Reporting to the firm and senior partners on business development activity
- Legal Directory Submissions: Liaising with fee earners to agree messaging and supporting matters for inclusion in practice and sector submissions to Legal 500 and Chambers
- Sector and Practice area BD plans – Working with fee earners Development to draft and execute Business Develop & Marketing plans for practice/sector areas and firm initiatives
- Training: Delivering training relating to Tendering for fee earners.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant post-graduation work experience
- You may have a directly relevant experience of working in a bid role in a corporate environment or have a background as a barrister, professional support lawyer, a lawyer, sales professional or an accountant.
- Possess advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.