Assistant Director of Nursing – Welcome bonus
About this job
Assistant Director of Nursing – Lucrative sign on bonus
- Large Nursing home group
- Extensive career progression oppurtunities
- Training and development culture
My client is a leading nursing home group with homes across Leinster. They currently have a requirement for a numerous Assistant Directors of Nursing across nursing homes in Leinster. They are a highly regarded nursing home group, who are reknowned for being at the forefront of best practise and quality.
These are permanent Position, with Market leading packages, and a lucrative sign on bonus.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
- Ensure that overall standards of hygiene and food safety are maintained at the highest level possible
- Liaise with other senior managers in the delivery of housekeeping standards; food safety, quality and choice; maintenance standards; and administration efficiency
- Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training
- Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement
- Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
- In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
- Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
- Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team
- Participate in the development of policies and standards for The Home
- Information Technology
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Be proficient in the use of EpiCare
- Participate in the development of resident specific IT software
- Be aware of the requirements of Data Protection and implement same rigidly, and within the context of Data Protection and Data Retention Policies
- Third level degree in Nursing
- Previous expereince in a large Nursing home setting
- Management qualification (third level)
- Be actively registered with NMBI
- And a minimum of 3 years experience in working with older people within the last six years of your career.
- Experience in the Elderly care sector with some Management experience.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and HIQA Standards for Residential Care Settings.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- 65 -70K
- Sign on Bonus
Should you have the required background and skills required for this role, please contact Brendan Mullins for further information on or call 01 661 0444/