Assistant Director of Nursing
About this job
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to be an integral part of strategic vision and to progress their career in an innovative, professional and caring environment.
What you will need:
- Have not less than 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons in the last 6 years.
- Have a minimum of 7 years post registration experience.
- Have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
- Hold a third level qualification in management.
- Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
- Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home.
- Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes.
- Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Nursing.
- Be a Registered General Nurse.
- Be available to work flexible hours when required.
- Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training.
- Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement.
- Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
- In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
- Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
- Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
- Participate in the development of policies and standards for the Nursing Home.
For more information and full job description, please contact 01 661 044 or alternatively apply to this job position.