Assistant Accountant / Purchase Ledger Accounts
About this job
On behalf of our client in Dublin 18, we are recruiting for a Business Support Executive / Assistant Accountant primarily to work on the Purchase Ledger but with involvement across the Accounts Function
- Ensure a smooth procurement process for vendors through the issuing of purchase orders, seeking the businesses approval of goods/service, processing of invoices for payment all in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monitoring the company bank accounts and completing bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Preparing and reviewing month end reports for management.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Contribute to revenue month end processes including generation of invoices, dealing with operator queries and accrual workings.
- Liaise with business and third party vendors to ensure the transactional processes are operating effectively and that transactions posted accurately with sufficient back up.
- Monitor the AP mailbox and resolve any day to day issues that may occur.
- Liaise with project managers, functional managers and Finance Manager in relation to the timely opening and modification of Purchase Orders.
- Co-ordinate, validate and process payment runs & ensuring payment is made in accordance with vendor contractual arrangements.
- Preparation and review of Vendor reconciliations.
- Work with Finance Manager and Finance Team to improve accounts payable processes
- Monitor the work flow approvals of POs, invoices and payments and follow up with directors and/or management to ensure they are approved in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the finance function, including provide analysis and calculations to help support commercial decisions.
- 2-3 years experience
- Commenced formal accountancy qualification (ACCA,CIMA etc)
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both in a team and also independently
- Organisational skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Business acumen and interest
- Proficiency in IT (knowledge of Excel and Accounting Systems are an advantage)