Assistant Accountant – Immediately Available
About this job
Position: Assistant Accountant
Contract with flexible hours
I am recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join my clients Finance Dept. This role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to join a busy department whilst undergoing process changes. As part of the Finance Team the Assistant Assistant will gain valuable experience during an ERP implementation.
The client is offering the right candidate plenty of flexibility to suit their lifestyle i.e. Early starts, late starts or if needed 30 hour weeks.
Duties will include the following:
- Ensure all invoices, approvals and related entries are accurately booked, allocated and filed on a timely basis.
- Receipt and processing of supplier invoices.
- Administration of supplier payments
- Administration of petty cash / expense reports
- Preparing prepayments and accruals
- Processing bank transactions and Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Reconcile debtors and creditors ledger.
- Prepare and submit Vat
- Prepare accounts to trial balance
- General support and assistance to the team, including the completion of ad hoc tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong numerical skills
- Experience in general accounting and reconciliation tasks
- A number of years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
** This is a contract role due to end on 30th Jan. However, if the ERP implementation runs longer, the contract will be extended.**
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: €45,000.00 /year