Area Manager- Munster
About this job
As Area Manager you will be responsible for optimising store standards and sales by ensuring stores are operating to maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for all day to day operations of stores under your responsibility.
- Work with store management teams to ensure optimal inventory and stock management to achieve maximum sales and profitability.
- Responsible for cash and safe management in all stores.
- Monitor stock, inventory levels and product availability for each store to ensure an adequate availability levels for customers.
- Oversee employee rotas to maximise service whilst remaining within set budgets.
- Ensure that stores are adequately staffed through efficient recruitment activity.
- Oversee Staff and management appraisals to assess and improve performance through staff training as required.
- Lead and develop teams in your stores by recruiting, managing, training and motivating all management and team members, whilst respecting company policies and employment laws.
- Hold regular management and team meetings in stores.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, staff and customer awareness, according to company health and safety guidelines, and relevant law.
- Acquire best results in stock loss by monitoring, tracking and implementing all loss prevention procedures.
Core competencies and experience:
- Third level degree.
- Retail management experience preferably in retail or hospitality but not essential.
- Good commercial skills
- Proven track record in delivery of results and achievement of targets
- Well-developed coordination and leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire others