As the Apollo 11 descended onto the Moon’s surface, the world collectively held its breath. The seconds ticked by, the tension rose… and yet in the midst of it all, the occupants of the rocket itself commandeered by one Neil Armstrong managed to hold their nerves at bay and execute a successful landing. On the … Continued
Funds & Asset Management Market Update Q2 2015
The first half of 2015 has been very busy in the Funds and Asset Management Sector with recruitment levels now nearly on a par with pre-recessionary levels. The Fund Administration sector is currently a very competitive candidate driven market while the Asset Management sector remains predominantly client driven.
The world economy, for the most part, is on course for recovery as both business confidence and consumer confidence are improving on a global scale. Mutual Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds have maintained a strong pattern of growth in the first two quarters of 2015, with the industry delivering strong returns and also attracting plenty of new capital from investors. These improvements in the market and growth prospects has meant that our portfolio of Asset Management clients are always interested in meeting with strong Portfolio Managers, Investment Analysts, Risk and Operations professionals.
The Fund Administration sector is gradually evolving but remains very competitive and candidate driven. The majority of Global fund houses are seeing Dublin as their Client Services and Oversight hub, with most of the day to day processing off shored to lower cost centres in Poland, India or South East Asia. Not all fund administrators have taken this approach with a number of specialist fund administrator keeping the full fund administration process in-house and investing significantly in their in house technology, as they see this a unique selling point when it comes to attracting new clients.
- With the continued developments in the Fund Administration space, our client’s requirements are diversifying. We are seeing that the majority of roles will continue to be in Fund Accounting, Investor Services, Custody and Trustee, but over the last 6 months we have seen a spike in areas such as Operational Control, Business Implementation, Risk & Compliance, Oversight, Product Development and Relationship Management.
- The Senior Market has picked up significantly at Manager level and above over the last 6 months due to strong growth in the sector and the changing outlook of candidates. Candidates are moving from the ‘happy to have a job’ mindset and are now looking to the market and exploring the options available to them.
- The Mid/Junior level market remains highly competitive with candidates having a lot of choices if they wish to explore the market, salaries remain high on the candidate’s wish list but other factors such as location, company culture, product and client exposure are also very important factors when making their next move.
- On the Trustee Market side, the ‘war for talent’ has eased somewhat after the introduction of AIFMD regulations, with most organisations now having an established team in place, that said, we are seeing a high demand for trustee professionals at supervisor level.
- Private Equity & Real Estate professionals also remain in high demand as we see a shortage of qualified candidates in the Dublin Market and expected growth in this area.
- Due to increased regulatory demands within the Funds & Asset Management space the Compliance & Risk market has been very busy with AML, Operational/Quantitative Risk & compliance candidates
If you are thinking of a move this Q3, for a confidential discussion please contact me on email@example.com or 01 661 0444.
How can you use a financial services recruitment agency to gain an advantage in your job search? If you have ever felt that choosing a financial services recruitment agency can be an arduous process, this article will be helpful to you. The most important criteria is choosing an agency that understands your career history, ambitions, and … Continued
This week sees the launch of the Lincoln Recruitment Irish Early Career Awards 2019 in association with KBC Bank Ireland, the only business awards targeted at the young professionals of Ireland. With Ireland having the youngest population in Europe with one-third of this population under 25 years of age, entries are expected to be high. Winners will … Continued