About this job
My client are a market-leading general insurance company based in Dublin. Now looking to speak to ambitious individuals with experience across Underwriting, Underwriting Controls, Underwriting Governance, or Risk/Compliance within an Insurance backdrop with a particular interest in Underwriting.
This is a permanent, full-time position and will offer a hybrid split of both working from home and working from the office depending on the candidates’ preferences.
The purpose of this position will be to contribute to the growth and effective operation of Underwriting Governance for the company. Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Assessing underwriting activity to identify premium, product and operational risks and controls, including identifying higher risk areas and assessing existing controls to identify control gaps.
- Assisting in the development of effective controls and testing the effectiveness of existing controls through monitoring, testing and quality assurance reviews.
- Working with Underwriting Managers to design effective QA reviews
- Ensuring clear audit trail of the work performed – From agreeing review parameters, to management sign off, and completion of recommendations agreed to improve performance.
- Developing parameters for suitable control reports to assess ongoing activity and identify potential weaknesses
- Reviewing potential reportable errors, including gathering information and identifying the number of customers potentially impacted. In the case of any errors, organise meeting with stakeholders and support on the investigation stage, including testing results of the investigation
- Ensuring that the error management process is completed within CPC requirements including preparation of management reporting outlining each stage and providing a synopsis of the issue.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and prior experiences:
- Recent, relevant experience in the Irish Insurance industry – Ideally from an Underwriting background or with an understanding of the risk and control environment within which Financial Services companies work.
- Appropriate qualification or progress towards such
- Quality and results focused with a clear understanding of being able to demonstrate task/control completion.
- Ability to work within the department and team to agree and design effective controls and quality assurance reviews
To register your interest, please apply directly via this advertisement with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Any additional correspondence can be directed to Katie Mitchell at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists via email or LinkedIn. This requirement is live as of November 2021.